SketchUp Pro is 3D modeling software that's easy to learn and to use. Use SketchUp Pro to get owners, inspectors, architects, engineers and subcontractors all headed in the same direction. Start by drawing lines and shapes. Push and pull surfaces to turn them into 3D forms. Stretch, copy, rotate and paint to make anything you like. If you want to be productive within a couple of hours, this is the solution you need.
In latest SketchUp Pro software release, major improvements were added:
- Performance improvements working with a .SKP. Now, SketchUp, 3D Warehouse, LayOut, my.SketchUp, and Trimble Connect.
- SketchUp is displaying multiple transparencies to provide a more realistic sense of depth across several see-through faces. It also gives you ability to fine-tune the opacity level in X-ray mode.
- Offset tool helps to avoid overlapping and self-intersecting geometry.
- Rectangle tools utilize the arrow-key axis-locking.
- A great way to manage spreadsheets in LayOut is Tables. Create a Table from scratch, or import a .CSV or Excel file.
- Many people use linework from SketchUp in other CAD applications. LayOut’s .DWG/.DXF exporter was updated to make it easier to work with these applications.
- LayOut exports self-scale for paper size or model space. Drawing entities like labels and polygons scale to paper size. Model linework scales to model space.
- ‘Color-by-Layer’ option to CAD exports, so all entities on a given layer may export as one color.
- Customization for the colors that display SketchUp’s axes and inferencing.
- New feature across the SketchUp platform called Persistent IDs: changes in your SketchUp model, any LayOut dimensions associated with the model update reflects in your edit.
- New utility, Extension Manager is a one-look view of your SketchUp extensions. It’s easy to toggle on and off custom tools. Extension Manager also displays an extension’s Digital Signature, the indication it meets our standard for quality and security.