BuildingPoint Pacific is happy to announce our Primavera P6 Introductory Level Class Schedule for 2018. This year we are offering two options:
- A two-day hands-on workshop taught during normal business hours
- A choice of after-hours workshops taught on evenings or weekends
Both options offer the same curriculum, attendees will complete the basics of creating and maintaining a Critical Path Method (CPM) schedule through Oracle® Primavera P6 scheduling software. Additionally, students will also become familiar with industry standard scheduling best practices, scheduling definitions, naming conventions and critical path integrity.
After class is completed, attendees earn a certificate of completion and will be able to create and maintain schedules at a professional standard for use in live construction projects.
Who Should Attend:
Project managers, superintendents, project engineers, project controllers, and anyone who would like to leverage a CPM schedule as a tool for successful project execution.
After-hours classes are designed for working professionals with busy weekday schedules who would like to leverage a CPM schedule as a tool for successful project execution or as a resume builder.
Technical Topics Covered:
- Creating a project
- Creating work breakdown structures (WBS)
- Creating activities
- Adding logic (relationships) and constraints
- Creating layouts
- Creating and assigning calendars
- Updating progress
- Sorting and filtering data
- Baseline comparisons
- Publishing schedules
- Importing and exporting Primavera .xer and .xml files
Practical Topics Covered:
- Translating plans into a schedule
- Creating a Credible Critical Path
- Scheduling baseline comparisons
- Navigating the software
Take-Home Materials Provided:
- A reference training manual
- A Primavera project file
ABCl(an .xer file consisting of attendee created schedule)
Class Costs: $799 per student
Please note: a minimum of three attendees is required to conduct the class.